Sunday, July 11, 2010

The World Cup and I...

People sometimes tell me, "Hey, kid. Your a girl, football isn't for you. And also, even if you like it, don't go crazy over it, it's just a game." I admit that I kind of agree. I get really worked up about these things. But I really like football because it brings people together. Yeah, cheesy, I know you're thinking, but that is really how I feel. One of the only times I can remember doing things as a whole family besides dinner (that doesn't count because I can remember more silent dinners than noisy ones) was one of the World Cup 2002 matches. It was held in South Korea and Japan, so we could watch it. I can't remember what match it was, but it wasn't the Australia- Germany match which ultimately started my campaign for the eagles (my dad was supporting Australia, so, rebellious even than, I chose Germany and stuck to it from than on. Germany won, by the way. I can still remember yelling 'EAGLES, KILL THE KANGAROOS!!!' and my dad repremending me for such foul language) (Germany's national animal is the Eagle, by the way) Being a man, disloyal things they are, my dad switched teams and went for Brazil, who ultimately won Germany in the finale. And being childish, he tricked me of a dollar. (Bad father who teaches his daughter gambling) That may be why I am so interested in football, though my family doesn't go crazy about it anymore (what am I talking about, my mother and sister never cared for football anyways) but we still have light conversations about it (imagine asking where the World Cup was held right smack in the middle of the Quarter Finals!!! And saying ... "Oh, yeah, I think it's being held in.... GERMANY!!!! *bang head against wall) (By the way, the World Cup is being held in South Africa, to those who have been living in caves and eating raw meat) which brings us to the whole point of this post. (I know what you are thinking, 'WHAT, YOU HAVE TYPED OUT SO MUCH AND IT WAS ONLY CRAP????!!!) (I can't help it. It's a contagious disease I caught from a particular friend whose name starts with a capital 'T)
Here is the first point (If I don't do it with numbers I will write more crap)

  1. Thomas Muller has my vote for the Best Young Player of World Cup 2010. He has shown that he has what it takes to shine, and he's only twenty *Swoon... I feel like one of those Twilight fans, only Thomas Muller is way better than Robert Pattinson. He's like a robot with white paint and a crooked nose. Them idiots who swoon over him are blind as bats* (I am team Jacob, by the way, but only because no one likes him and I like Taylor Lautner's six packs :D) - crapping again - . Makes me fell proud, even though I am not German. I do have German relatives though, so I have an excuse to support Germany so wholeheartedly. 
  2. The Netherlands will kill the Spanish and take the World Cup trophy home. I really want them to win, even if it's only because I spitefully despise the fact that Spain killed Germany's run in the World Cup. I salute David Villa, though. And Fernando Torres, in your face. You are quite useless, next to David Villa. He looks good and plays better than you. (But I prefer Thomas Muller)
  3. Congratulations to Germany for taking third place, beating Uruguay 3-2. 
  4. Darn, when the World Cup's done I have to go back to thinking seriously about PMR. Sometimes, I think that I may like football because it serves as a distraction from daily life. 
  5. Gambateh, Jia You, Jangan Putus Asa, PMR students GO!
  6. Gee, I am so serious about football that I really think I can quit Facebook until PMR is gone because Germany lost...  T.T I hope I don't become one of those people who commit suicide because their team lost. 

Thomas Muller. He's my idol <3

Anyway, Goodbye for now and Take Care. Signing of with No Regrets for Quiting Facebook, CLQ Jasmine.

No comments:

Post a Comment