Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The End of the World Cup 2010

Spain have beaten Holland. 1-0. I am not happy. But I am not angry. I just have to accept the reality. It is comforting to know that Germany lost to Spain, for some reason. It makes me feel like Germany are the second best team in the world. Mind, Germany are a very young team and they had to put together a new team when two of their goalkeepers died suddenly and captain Michael Ballack got injured. It has been an incredible season, I admit. But all things must end to allow new things begin. In this case, distractions end. No Facebook, no computer games, no books, no TV. And studying begins. Revision books by the dozen and work books are literally strewn all over my room...

Congratulations to Thomas Muller for being awarded Hyundai Young World Cup Player. And the German team too will receive top honors when they return home, as coach Joachim Loew will too. I cannot make myself feel happy and enthusiastic, when nothing but gloom is in sight in my near future. Swirling gray clouds veil a mystery which may not be pleasant to uncover... I am beginning too think like Shakespear...

No comments:

Post a Comment