Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The other half

There isn't much else to talk of. We went to Kuantan after we left Singapore. We checked in at the Swiss Garden Resort. The place is pretty nice, quite clean, it has a nice swimming pool... I think the highlight of the hols was actually the dinner(s) we had at the Blossom. It was a nice Chinese restaurant with an amazing hostess. It was just her (the hosts) who was collecting the orders, and about three waiters manning the restaurant. I suppose there were the cooks too. We went there the first night because it was raining like mad cats and a billion crazy dogs and my parent's friends had no choice about it. Initially, they wanted to bring us to a seafood restaurant where there were some awesome stuffed crab. But anyway, we sat down and had a good meal. After that, we parted ways and decided to return to our rooms. 

My sisters and my youngest brother and I shared a room while my parents and other brother shared the the room. The first night I slept on the single bed while my poor sisters were forced to endure my darling brother's squirmy sleeping habits. (Actually, I knew of his habits, which was why I opted for the single bad~)
Anyway, before we went to sleep, we watched Night at the Museum 2. Believe it or not, we never watched it. The movie was pretty funny, as expected after watching Night at the Museum... So after the movie, we went to sleep. 

The second day, we had breakfast~ I made the mistake of eating cereal with milk and drinking tea with milk... forgetting I was lactose-intolerant... D: Ugh, did I have a stomachache or what? Anyway, I recovered around noon to get into the pool and have a swim. It wasn't sunny there at any given time because of the monsoon season. The weather, in my opinion, was terrific. We had a drive to my dad's friend's clinic and back, and had dinner at the Blossom again~ this was the most interesting part of the holiday, I guess. You see, there were a lot of foreigners on holiday... AGED ones, rest assured. They were probably mostly 50 and above. How should I describe the scene? Let me think.

We were seated in a very strategic location. We had the view of the whole restaurant (not that it was very big)... it was while seated here that I saw a very rare thing. It was not one, but two old couples... now a days, it is so normal to see young couples going places together, and at this age I do not look twice at them. But it is very rare to see couples who have been together for so long, that one would trouble oneself to call the scene sweet. A marriage that has lasted for so long. I could suddenly see first hand what marriage could do to you. I don't know if it was by accident or design, but both couples were dressed in the same colored clothes. Blue. Physically, they were kind off similar too. The first couple I noticed were both plump, and you could imagine them on their own farm. The second couple I noticed were both thin and glasses clad, and you could imagine them as lecturers at Harvard or something like that. Of course, I never asked them if they might just be cousins or siblings on vacation together, but when I looked carefully, I could see no resemblance in their facial features that might mark them as related in any other way but marriage. Am I becoming one of those romantic-addicted idiots with cotton wool for brains girls? I seriously doubt it... xD

That night, we watched one-half of 'Confessions of a Shopaholic'. It was what one might call an exaggerative but highly entertaining movie. I mean, I turned the TV on only to see a crazy woman trying desperately to extract her credit card from a big block of ice with a high-heeled shoe...

Okay, enough of that. After the Confessions of a Shopaholic, there was this show, 'City of Ember' it was pretty interesting. I do recommend a view if you are tired of romance-filled movies and movies that can't do without a few pretty faces (not to say the actors and actresses were bad-looking) they were simply more fresh faced then the normal sort of person you see on movies. The story and concept weren't too bad, though you need to let-be the more complicated sides of it. 

Right, so that's about it, I guess. I just gotta put in a thank you note to my dad who paid for the holiday, making it all possible ^^~

No comments:

Post a Comment