Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Received...

I've been living on a sea of blood,
of sweat and tears.
From it I received nothing but joy.
The joy in the sky, twas so bright,
That the source I forgot to see.
Lit' did I know, that as the sea gave,
It needed too back, 
A similar sacrifice, though in a smaller offering.

And yet this realization,
Seems like a hope that yet flickers,
Like a candle light will it soon die.

And I wanted to give, 
'tis true.
But I had no knowledge of how to.
For I had joy but no means of sharing,
Love, but no means of giving.
For such a small sacrifice was required of me,
A parasite will I be forever?

I don't know the right way to give and to receive,
A pleasurable experience in concrete,
But difficult to achieve in abstract.
And I can hear the echo of the roaring sea,
That is usually in a precarious harmony,
Rare have I seen such fury in it. 

-anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment