Monday, November 15, 2010

Another School Year...

has come and gone... there will be no more classes, no more exams, no more waking up early or waking up five minutes too late for the van, no more seeing friends every single week day, no more... maybe I'm just being sentimental. But that's how I usually feel on the last day of school, like, "I have survived and lived another year..."  



Perhaps that might sound like an exaggeration. Every time the last day of school comes, I look back into the past year and the years before, calculate what I have done, what I have achieved, what mistakes I have made, what new friends I have made and lost, what I have learnt, how I have improved, what places I went to... in short, the end of school... is like the end of a the year for me. It is something significant, because then my life actually feels a change, it is a time for reflection and preparation for the new year. So, what have I done in this past year that I can safely write on the internet? 



1. I actually overcame my fear of public speaking... somewhat... debate did it. Of course, it was in front of only a few people, and my friends were sitting with me. Still, it is an improvement. :D



2. I sat for PMR... DUH, lol... but I believe I was totally unprepared for it, and I could have done better. I regret not having spent more time on it.

3. I have started updating my blog... too regularly x)

4. I overcame my manga addiction.



5. I read only two English books this year... D: The Lost Symbol and some romance that I can't remember anymore... this is some record, because my reading record has not been this low... since I was five (because I was bad at reading then)

6. I read many more Chinese books then English DDX *SHOCK* Blame it on PMR



7. I learnt about AI and Adobe what not because I helped Zhi Xin with the poster xDDD

8. I went for tuition... for BOTH Malay and Chinese... wow, I haven't had tuition since I was in standard 5 (I quit after a two months because instead of improving, my grades took a steep dip)

9. I have made some progress in trying to figure out this boy-girl thingy... HAHAHAAHAAA~ no, I am not les... ==" only I have certain... *cough* perverts for friends.



10. I joined and quit drama... maybe it's because I had no time for it... or maybe it's because I had no talent for it... or maybe I simply didn't like it... or maybe it's some other reason, or ALL... anyway, no regrets.

Anyway, I just wanted to make this because I feel that the Last Day of School should be marked by something... why not a blog post? 







1 comment: